Information contained on this Web site is not a substitute for a doctor’s medical judgment or advice. BioTherapies recommends that you discuss your specific, individual health concerns with your doctor or health care professional. The materials and discussions presented here describe current treatment options and drugs or treatments that may be under study, and are for informational purposes only. Treatment options or donation procedures should be determined by an individual and his or her treating doctor.
Rules of Conduct
While using the Web site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, BioTherapies expects the users of the Web site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Therefore, when using this Web site, you agree not to:
- Post or submit information about another person or company without the authorization to do so.
- Interfere with any other user’s right to privacy by trying to access or collect information about any individual users of the Web site.
- Interfere with the functioning of the Web site or with other people’s use of the Web site in any way, including:
- Posting or transmitting any file or computer code or program (for example, viruses, worms, Trojan horses) that could damage or interfere with the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment.
- Interfering with the functioning of the Web site, its servers or networks.
- Hacking, defacing or modifying any portion of the Web site.
- Copy, republish, sell or use for commercial purposes any portion of the Web site unless you have prior written permission from BioTherapies. This includes framing or mirroring any part of the Web site, systematically downloading and storing any content, putting the content in a database or republishing it.
Links to Other Sites
The BioTherapies Web site provides links to other Internet sites for informational purposes and the convenience of its users. BioTherapies is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does BioTherapies control or guarantee the currency, accuracy, relevance or completeness of information found on linked-to, external Web sites.
BioTherapies cannot guarantee that linked, external Web sites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act. While occasionally BioTherapies makes endorsements or recommendations, it does not recommend products or services that appear as pop-up advertisements, and its endorsements are limited to those products and services that it explicitly recommends, and not those that may appear on its Web site for informational purposes.
Ownership of Web Site Content
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material on the Web site is owned by BioTherapies. You are welcome to print copies for your personal use. For any other use, BioTherapies copyright materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior written permission from BioTherapies. For information about getting permission to use copyrighted materials and trademarks owned by BioTherapies, see Copyright and Trademark Information.
BioTherapies Social Media
BioTherapies welcomes the opportunity to connect with you on Twitter (@BTMBioTherapies) and LinkedIn. We ask that you please review and follow our Community Guidelines to ensure responsible and respectful conversations.
Our complete Twitter guidelines can be viewed here and our complete LinkedIn guidelines are available here.
BioTherapies may not be able to address social media posts, replies, mentions or comments including but not limited to those that:
- Mention our own or other companies’ software, products or services;
- Offer or request health or medical advice;
- Contain profanity or other inappropriate, offensive, libelous, abusive or discriminatory language or materials;
- Are commercial in nature, aim to sell products and services or recruit fans and followers to other social communities;
- May be considered ‘spam,’ are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive or solicit donations, donor material or other resources;
- Violate copyright or intellectual property;
- Contain information that is false, misleading or inaccurate;
- Pertains to ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues or certain other elements of our business;
- Directly references financial matters;
- Social media content from BioTherapies is intended for informational purposes only.
- BioTherapies has no duty to update any of its social media accounts.
- Tweets and LinkedIn posts pertaining to content from BioTherapies’ Cell Lines Blog are subject to the additional disclaimers outlined here.
- BioTherapies may provide links or references to other sites or articles as part of its tweets and LinkedIn posts, but this does not constitute an endorsement of those materials or any of the information that could be accessed through a third-party website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE NMDP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- BIOTHERAPIES AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (i) THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR CODE UNDERLYING THE WEB SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED, DOWNLOADED, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS SUBMITTED AND/OR ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE NMDP OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BIOTHERAPIES AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE NMDP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION IN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE REGISTRY; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE WEB SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, DISCLOSURE OF, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE.
Exclusions and Limitations
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify and hold BioTherapies and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of, your use of the Web site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Changes to the Web Site
BioTherapies can change or remove, either temporarily or permanently, the Web site or any part of it at any time and without prior notice to you. You agree that BioTherapies is not liable to you or to anyone else for any change or discontinuance to the Web site or any content, feature or product offered on the Web site.
Waiver and Severability